Marlins will play for the Mesa Solar Sox (along with prospects from the Angels, Cubs, Red Sox, and Twins) with Bo Porter managing
We have 4 spots for pitchers, but only have used 3 at this point (Kyle Winters is probably the 4th choice, depends on his health)
Jay Buente, Jay Voss and Garrett Parcell
Matt Dominguez will go along with Michael Stanton, Bryan Petersen and Greg Burns
Greg Burns is on the taxi squad, meaning he will only be activated on Wednesdays and Saturdays.
Arizona Fall League Player Eligibility
Roster size is established at 35 players per team.
Each major-league organization is required to provide seven players subject to the
following eligibility requirements:
• All Triple-A and Double-A players are eligible provided they are on
Double-A rosters no later than August 17.
• Two players below the Double-A level are allowed for 2009.
• Foreign players are allowed as long as the player is not on his native
country’s primary protected player list.
• No players with more than two years of credited major league service
as of August 31 (including major league disabled list time) are eligible
except a team may select one player picked in the most recently
concluded Major League Rule 5 Draft.
• Each team is allotted 20 pitchers but only 15 are designated “eligible”
each game day.